[Zope] zope operations atomic?

Kapil Thangavelu k_vertigo@yahoo.com
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 17:46:50 -0800 (PST)

> > it depends on the concurrency. if both methods
> execute
> > concurrently, than one will conflict and one will
> > commit from trying to write on the same object.
> which
> > one is hard to determine apriori... i'm taking a
> wild
> > guess that it would be first one to commit. Chris,
> > could you comment on this?
>
> I'm not totally sure I understand the question (was
> it an allegory?)

i just wanted to know what determines which
transaction wins a conflict, i was assuming it would
be the first one to commit.

> I sorta feel like I'm answering brainteasers at this
> point.  Can I
> help somebody solve an actual problem here? ;-)

actually i regard the question of commit order to be
something more than a brainteaser as it affects every
zope developer and is not documented AFAIK. the ghost
vs. non loaded question might be a different manner :)

kapil