[Zope] Logging in a user programatically...

Rob Foster rob@thefosters.com
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 17:12:41 -0700

At the risk of asking too many questions...

First of all, I should mention that a vast majority of the novice as
well as intermediate questions in this group seem to be targeted at
User/Role/Permission/Login related problems. Maybe someday, we'll get
better documentation/examples on these types of issues.

Now for the question:
I've got a form that allows a new user to create a login for themselves
in the acl_users folder. I want to be able to immediately log them into
the system when their account is created (possibly in the same script).
I've searched everywhere for examples of this in Python or DTML and
can't find what I'm looking for. If someone could help with an example
and possibly some suggestions on whether this is even a good idea, I
would appreciate it.

Thanks to all the Zopistas for fielding all the questions... Hopefully I
can do the same someday :)

-Rob