[Zope] Developing application in Zope: From ZClass to Python based Product

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Mon, 05 Nov 2001 00:25:16 +0200

Hi all,

I've been using Zope in a couple of projects now for a couple of months.
I started developing a product as a ZClass - creating it in Zope
Management Interface. It is a product similar to STX_Document, but has
more fetures and uses a Java-based editor as an editor.

Now my question is: can my change my product from ZClass to a python
based product, and how can I do it? There are now many instances of this
ZClass, and possibly in the future it would be easier if the product is
written totally in Python.

If there is no other way I could write a script, that goes through the
whole structure of the service and copy the information from the Zclass
instance and creates a new instance of this python based product and
inserts the information into it.

But any ideas?

-huima