[Zope] sos - help is needed in asap!!!

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 14:08:33 +0100

<begin quote>
1.I have created a folder (main).
2.Inside in this folder I created another subfolders.
3.I have written a code in a dtml-document in main folder
to give a sortID (string) property in each subfolder.
4.Whenever I execute my DTML-DOC code it shows all the values
of sortIDs that it has assigned in each subfolder.
5.I want to take all sortIDs values e.g. sortID=111,
sortID=112, ...etc to be assigned in the properties of
main folder in the field of mainNavigationLinks - lines.
Can you give me possible solutions to my step 5 problem pls???
Your help will be further appreciated!
</end quote>

Hi!

I don't fully understand what you want to do. But I have the feeling that
you are choosing a relatively complicated way to do so. If all you want is
to be able to move object up and down, have a look at OrderedFolder, which
is a folder replacement that just works like a normal folder, but has a very
easy-to-use API for moving subobject up and down. You will not have to store
any sortIds or so. Just tell an object to move. E.g. this link would move
the current object one position up if you use it in a dtml-in loop:

I hope that helps a bit. BTW: Could you tell more about the Javascript you
are using? I am very interested in things like that ...

Joachim