[Zope] Shopping Cart

Ron Bickers rbickers-dated-1005757272.0e46b3@logicetc.com
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 12:01:11 -0500

I wouldn't try to mix the PHP cart with Zope.  That would be too much
trouble, IMO.

I've done many carts in Zope, and found that they are all similar, but
different enough to where a cart "product" would probably be too limiting.
Many of my carts require specialized options for each item and other fancy
calculations depending on choices made during ordering.

It's easy enough to build a custom cart using CoreSessionTracking and a few
Python Scripts for add/update/delete and DTML methods for viewing the cart
and checking out.  Basically, I have a session variable 'cart' that's an
array of dictionaries, where each dictionary looks something like {'Qty': 2,
'ItemNum': 'ABC123', 'Price': 12.95} along with whatever other info you have
for each item.  I also usually use a session variable 'custinfo', which is a
dictionary of the customer information during checkout.

I'll be glad to send a .zexp of one of my simple carts for you to poke
around with if you like.

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.