[Zope] Creating products from Python scripts

Carlos Alberto Micucci camicucci@yahoo.co.uk
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 22:56:45 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I'm Argentino and my English is poor, sorry.
I'm new in ZOPE, but I´m near to start a big project
with it, a web application to query any remote
database (or local) by SQL sentences with a user
friendly interface to generate reports, graphs, ... to
users with no knowledge about SQL sentences.
My first problem is create instances objects of ZOPE
from Python scripts, like: ZSQLMethods, ZODBCDA,
folders, and so.
I've probed with manage_addProduct (where Product is
de name of product to create).
Folders objects is OK, from manage (test) and visiting
URL from browser.
ZSQLMethods objects trought an error from URL and from
manage (view): attribute error.
By other way, I've probed with ZOQL product (Insert
...) but some products like "Z ODBC Database
Connections" trought an error like: object is not
callable.
Could you help me, which is the correct way to handle
this problem?
I've read documentation like: ZOPE book, Zope
Development guide, HOWTO, Tips and others, but this
problem is not clearly documented.
Other: which is the correct way to pass arguments (or
parameters) to product ZOPE object (like ZOQL Methods,
for example) from Python scripts? (ZOQL Methods object
and Python scripts are in the same folder). Have you
any example?

I hope, you can help me. Sorry for my redaction...

Thanks, for all.

bye,

Carlos.

=====