[Zope] Clipboard functionality in my app

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 11:18:30 +0100

Douwe Osinga writes:
 > Yes, that is what you would suppose. However, the action of the form
 > points to the object it self, not to the manage method. It calls the
 > manage method nevertheless.
 > I suppose I could redo the cut/paste/copy stuff in python, but just placing
 > <input class="form-element" type="submit" name="manage_cutObjects:method"
 > value="Knip" />
 > is so much easier.
The "name=manage_cutObjects:method" tells Zope to call "manage_cutObjects".
When your document does not define this method explicitly, Zope's
corresponding method is use (maybe acquired).
Probably, that is the reason why you see Zope's management interface.

 > >  > 2) I cannot determine when to show the Paste button. Zope only
 > > shows it when Paste is possible. I would like to do this too and
 > > build some more restrictions (not all objects should be pastable
 > > in all folders).
 > > Zope remembers the clipboard content in a cookie.
 > > The paste button appears when the cookie is defined and not empty.
 > Do you happed to know which cookie should contain what?
Something like: "cb_....".
I could look at the code to find out precisely. But you, too...
Or you tell your browser to inform you about "setCookie" requests
and see, what Zope tries to set...

Dieter