[Zope] Connecting to MS SQL Server

Fri, 09 Nov 2001 09:10:14 -0800

I think I suggested something on the list before that might be a good idea,
if someone would write a DA for it, but there is some XML-over-HTTP-based
protocol using IIS that SQL server 2000 works with as well as TDS.  I can't
imagine it is as fast (since there is XML-parsing overhead on both ends),
but I saw that someone created a library with a Python DB 2.0 compliant
interface to access this, based upon the MySQLdb code, adapted for use with
SQL Server 2000...  I'd write a DA for this myself, Since I don't use M$
$QL, perhaps this is best left to someone who acutally has and uses the SQL
Server 2000 software...

http://pyxsqmll.sourceforge.net/

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Tille, Andreas [mailto:TilleA@rki.de]
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 2:15 AM
Cc: Zope user list
Subject: [Zope] Connecting to MS SQL Server

Hello,

is it possible to connect to a MS SQL Server from Zope running on
a Linux box?  Any experiences / documentation?

I just found a hint in the Zope book:

 ODBC
      ODBC is a cross-platform, industry standard database protocol
      supported by many commercial and open source databases. The ODBC
      DA is written and commercially supported by Digital Creations.

Kind regards

         Andreas.