[Zope] External Methods triggers Zope restart

Hannu Krosing hannu@tm.ee
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 01:02:26 +0500

myers@crd.ge.com wrote:

> I am having a frustrating problem with External Methods.
> I have regressed to Zope 2.4.0 to try to resolve this.
>
> Basically, the following external method works:
>
> def helloWorld():
>     """A simple external method."""
>     return 'Hello World!'
>
> But the following method causes Zope to restart with no traceback:
> def helloWorld():
>     """A simple external method."""
>     a = 'Hello World!'
>     return a
>
> If I use self.a instead of just a, the method works.
> I used th epython debugger, and the correct HTML is displayed in both
> cases.  I don't find anything usefull in the -M log either.
>
> Has anyone seen anything like this, or have any ideas where I should
> look next.

I have a Zope-2.4.0 + DCOracle + extUserFolder on Solaris x86 setup that
restarts all the time with only this in logs:

------
2001-11-09T14:55:32 INFO(0) ZServer PCGI Server started at Fri Nov  9
12:55:32 2001
        Unix socket: /export/home/hulgi/Zope-2.4.1/var/pcgi.soc
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/export/home/hulgi/Zope-2.4.1/z2.py", line 774, in ?
    asyncore.loop()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/asyncore.py", line 194, in loop
    poll_fun (timeout, map)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/asyncore.py", line 86, in poll
    r,w,e = select.select (r,w,e, timeout)
select.error: (4, 'Interrupted system call')
------

I have not yet had time to start looking why it does that.

If you find out something I'd be most interested to hear about it.

Hannu