[Zope] [zwiki] wikimail, bug reporting practices ?

Simon Michael simon@joyful.com
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 09:26:00 -0800

I'd like to solicit thoughts and opinions on two things:

First, using ZWikiDiscussion vs using all pages ?

Not many of you are subscribed to the whole wiki but it's kind of
cool. You see everything. Say Geoff posts an interesting comment to
WikiAcquisition. Now, I can just send an email reply back and it gets
archived on WikiAcquisition. Or, I can change the subject so that my
reply goes back to the generic ZWikiDiscussion page, which is where
most of us are subscribed. When is it best to do one vs. the other ?

It's good to have one central place where people can follow all
discussion. I'm thinking that place should be "the whole wiki" rather
than a single page. You do want a default page to catch general
thread-mode discussion, which is how I see ZWikiDiscussion's role.

Second: simple wiki-based means (eg ZWikiProblems) vs a more
structured bug tracking system (eg sourceforge) for reporting,
managing and reviewing zwiki problems ?

Thanks for any ideas, feedback, etc. Just to liven things up I'm
cc'ing the zope list. Reply where you will. :)

-Simon