[Zope] [announce] ColorViewer tool & example

Mitchell L Model mlm@acm.org
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 13:35:35 -0500

http://www.zope.org/Members/mlm/Utilities/ColorViewer is an
interactive color chart that displays hex triples (for example, 36F)
and the color they represent.  The problem addressed is that there
are 256**3 of these, far too many to display on a page.  The solution
is to let the user choose which of the three primaries to "fix" and
at what value; the 256 colors with that primary having that value are
then displayed in a 16x16 grid.

In addition to being a useful and novel (I think -- please email me
links pointing to similar configurable color displays if you know of
others) this DTML method demonstrates a number of DTML techniques,
which it lists below its color chart.

Enjoy!