[Zope] Howto Implement a site search functionality for LocalFS product

Danny William Adair danny@adair.net
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 09:10:30 +1300

On Monday 12 November 2001 22:46, Singh, Kamal Deep wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I am trying to use zope along with LocalFS product to access the files
> from local file system. My current need is to provide site search
> functionality. It seems ZCatalog and other search utilities provided inside
> zope doesn't work for LocalFS.

Have you activated "Include in Catalog" ("Edit" tab in ZMI)???

Other approaches depend on what you want to search for. If you only need to
search for the file names, you could write a small method that recursively
runs through LocalFS's directories (see mailinglist archives) and returns a
list of corresponding objects.

Danny