[Zope] Cataloging absolute_url in text-index and doing searches

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 14:36:16 +0200

Hi all,

one question about ZCatalog and indexin absolute-url in text-index.

My case:
I have a website, where is one folder and it's subfolders protected from
anonymous users. Problem was that when I created a catalog aware object,
it came present in the public search.

I started to solve the problem including absolute_url text_index in
Catalog and limit the searches with this absolute_url index. Now my
problems started.

When I looked at the cataloged index absolute_url was indexed in
following way:
('fi/notgood/subdir/file', 'http', '//www', 'foobar')

I wanted to limit the search in a way where files in /notgood/ directory
would not be presented in response. I tried to do it like this:

<dtml-in expr="Catalog({'PrincipiaSearchSource': PrincipiaSearchSource,
'absolute_url' : 'fi/* AND NOT */notgood/*'})"  size=30
start=query_start>

But it didn't work. More exactly the AND NOT part didn't seem to have
any effect.

Any idea?

-huima