[Zope] RE: Experience with Zope and Access

Schmidt, Allen J. aschmidt@nv.cc.va.us
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 16:38:34 -0500

Well, not really an issue now. Following Tom P's advice (and something that
should have been obvious, I added new indexes to the 3 tables I was pulling
from and the query went from 35 seconds to 2 inside Zope using MySQL...I can
live with that. The last Access connection will be dropped within minutes...

Thanks to all who responded...

Allen

-----Original Message-----
From: Harlow Pinson [mailto:hpinson@indepthl.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 4:28 PM
To: Schmidt, Allen J.
Subject: RE: Experience with Zope and Access

Hi Allen,

>only until the next query comes in.
Yes

> Example
Well, this is what I use in Cold Fusion:

<!--- When called this bad query will remove locked datafile on the
server --->
<cfquery datasource="#Application.DSN#">Delete locked .ldb
datafile on server now</cfquery>

In Zope and ZSQL Method something like:
(using the DSN)
SELECT something_bogus FROM some table;