[Zope] Editing a ZClass via DTML

Ronald L. Chichester complaw@hal-pc.org
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 22:27:42 -0600

Does anyone have an example "editForm" that I could use to figure out
how to edit an existing ZClass instance?  I know I have to go through
the propertysheets, but I'm having trouble getting the object in the
first place.  Assuming I have an HTML Form page with
Action="my_zclass_edit", with a propertysheets called "entry_info"
then...

<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>Edit the ZClass</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="white">

<dtml-with "getObject(REQUEST[id])">

<dtml-call "propertysheets.entry_info.manage_editProperties(REQUEST)">
<dtml-call reindex_object>  # it is also derived from CatalogAware...

</dtml-with>
</BODY>
</HTML>

... should work, shouldn't it?

If anyone knows of a product with a ZClass that is editable, can you
just direct me to it.

Thanks in advance for any consideration.

Ron