[Zope] quick demonstration server setup...

Paul Zwarts paz@oratrix.com
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 12:00:57 +0100

Antwan,

I don't know anything about SuSe linux, but in RH 7.2 (kernel 2.4.2 +,
which is now at 2.4.9-12) the database threads have a thread indicator
in a ps -ef command which is very handy. As far as stability, RH is like
a rock. Our server doesn't go down ever, except when I crash it myself,
or introduce stupid code.... (mind you, this is after much work on
examining our application and doing much trial and error, so 'never' is
not entirely true.)

Regards,
Paul Zwarts

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org] On Behalf Of
Antwan Reijnen
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 11:53 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] quick demonstration server setup...

Hi all,

I need to setup a demonstration server for Zope, so people can play
around with it. It also needs to demonstrate some sites we are
developing for our customers.

I do not want to spent much time on it (it's not meant to be a online
production server, just on our intranet), and I can choose for a fresh
install between Suse and Redhat. The system will only be used for Zope.
Maybe in time, I need to configure Zope to function behind Apache.

Which installation do you guys recommend? Do you have any experience
with faulty version combinations (Zope 2.3.x / 2.4.x versus Suse 7.x /
Redhat 7.x) or bad uptimes?

Any experience and recommendations on this subject will be highly
appreciated.

Thanks for the help, so far!

Greetings, Antwan.

Antwan Reijnen

DEXUS New Media
Metropole Office
Laan van Meerdervoort 70
2517 AN Den Haag
Tel 070-3114800
Fax 070-3656279
http://www.dexus.nl

DEXUS New Media maakt deel uit van de Metropole IT Group
http://www.metropole-it.nl

ICQ#: 7916222