[Zope] Zope tutor needed in Baltimore, Maryland

KEVIN ZEMBOWER KZEMBOWER@jhuccp.org
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 14:08:24 -0500

My organization, the Johns Hopkins University Center for Communication =
Programs (www.jhuccp.org) is just starting to use Zope.  We are interested =
in starting by hiring a Zope tutor for a half or whole day to give us a =
seminar in Zope (less formal than a class, with more interaction) and use =
as the class examples a real system that we need and that we'll put into =
production.

I think the system that is needed is somewhat simple and could be done in =
a day, even with answering questions and giving other examples. Our order =
fulfillment department sends large pdf files to clients who request them =
as attachments to emails. A large percentage of the emails bounce, because =
the users have addresses like hotmail, which limits the size of attachments=
. They would like a system to do the following:
* The order fulfillment person here goes to a password-protected web page =
and fills in a form with:
   -user's name
   -user's email address
   -pull-down menu of days to expire; 7 days, 14 days, 21 days
   -name of file on local system to be uploaded to Zope and later =
downloaded to the user

* The Zope system would generate an email to the user similar to:
Hello, [name], this is the automatic order fulfillment program at the =
JHU/CCP. The file you requested is at http://www.jhuccp.org/dc/something/so=
mething. You have the next [days to expire] days to download it. When you =
go to this link, I will ask you for a userID and password. The userID for =
this file is "xyzpdq" [random sequence of 4-6 characters] and the password =
is "secret" [ditto].

* The Zope system would then do one of two things. If the user went to the =
link before the expiration date, it would ask for the userID and password, =
and, if it was correct, send them the file. Then it would delete the file =
and all the other information from the Zope system. Or, if the person =
didn't go to the link in the time given, it would just delete it all =
anyway.

My questions:
Can Zope do this?
Can a person experienced in Zope create this system in a day?
Can a person experienced in Zope create this system is a day, while 3-10 =
eager-to-learn Zope newbies watch over his/her shoulder and ask questions?
Anybody interested in this job, or know someone who is?

To do this job, you would have to:
*  be available to come to downtown Baltimore, Maryland during business =
hours for either a full or half day (could be two half days if your =
schedule requires it, or you think it would be a good idea).
*  be available in the next two to three weeks.
*  be good at explaining Zope concepts and procedures and be patient with =
Zope newbies and their questions and interruptions.
*  be able to create this system in a day or less, while answering =
questions.
*  have created Zope systems similar to this at one or two sites that I =
could take a look at.

If you're interested in this, please write directly to me at kzembower@jhuc=
cp.org and let me know what you would charge, half or whole day, and the =
sites I could look at. If you know of anyone who might be interested, =
please forward this email to them. If you have any questions, also please =
write directly to me.

Thank you for considering this request.

-Kevin Zembower

-----
E. Kevin Zembower
Unix Administrator
Johns Hopkins University/Center for Communications Programs
111 Market Place, Suite 310
Baltimore, MD  21202
410-659-6139