[Zope] Path keeps every directory I go through

Lennart Regebro lennart@regebro.nu
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 11:13:23 +0100

From: "Gordon Holtslander" <gordon.holtslander@sk.lung.ca>

http://localhost:8080/membership/maturity/ministry/missions/home/today.html

> I'd kind of like to have it start over every time I click on the header
> icons. Am I doing something wrong or is this just acquisition in a way I
> wasn't expecting it.

Yes on both accounts.
Acquisitions means that every object inherites loads of things from it's
parent. One og the things it inherits is the contents of the parent folder.
Ie, if there is a dtml-method called /llama/bar, it means that the subfolder
/llama/foo inherits this, so it can be called by /llama/foo/bar too. That
also means that you can call /llama by /llama/foo/llama if you want to. And
you can do that forever. /llama/foo/llama/llama/foo/foo/llama/foo/llama.

So, the error you are doing is trying to access your folders through
relative links. You need to use absolute links.

That should solve it.