[Zope] Question about Versioning support

Nicolae P. Costescu nick@qrts.com
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:42:10 -0500

I noticed that Zope does provide some versioning control through WebDAV,
but it seems to only work for text files (.html, .txt, etc.)

When I copy a .doc file or other binary doc to to one of my webfolders, and
then I go look at it in Zope, the History tab does not appear. It does when
the file is of type .txt. or .html or any other text format.

I read about the ZopeVersion project but that is a long way off. If there
is a way to turn on versioning for non-text files (the way Xythos web
server implements DAV & Delta-V) that would be great!

Thanks!
Nick

Nicolae P. Costescu, Ph.D.
Quality Real-Time Systems, LLC.