[Zope] acl_users access

belen@netcom.no belen@netcom.no
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 16:18:37 GMT

Hello=2C

I am implementing a self registering form for new users to gain access =

to zope=2E Users should fill in some data and a python Script assigns =

them a password as well as domains and roles=2E Or what is the same =2C t=
he =

script creates a  new user=2E

When testing the Python Script I was logged in as me with manager role =

so everything worked fine=2C but if someone with no previous login wants =

to create a user=2C he is prompted to provide a login and password=2E

The problem is that they cannot access the acl=5Fusers folder (since they=
 =

are no users and obviously the have no permissions) =2E What could I do =

to make this work=3F

Thanks a lot in advance for your help=2C

Bel=E9n

This is the Script=3A

import string
from Products=2EPythonScripts=2Estandard import html=5Fquote
request =3D container=2EREQUEST
RESPONSE =3D  request=2ERESPONSE

if context=2Eacl=5Fusers=2EgetUser(request=2Eform=5B=27name=27=5D)=3A
    RESPONSE=2Eredirect(=27/UserAlreadyExists=27)

else=3A
    context=2Eacl=5Fusers=2Emanage=5Fusers(=27Add=27=2C context=2EREQUEST=
)
    context=2EconfirmLoginByMail(request=2Eform=5B=27name=27=5D=2C reques=
t=2Eform
=5B=27email=27=5D)
    RESPONSE=2Eredirect(=27/UserHasBeenAdded=27)