[Zope] How do I set configure my zclass so only an instance owner can edit permissions?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 18:29:13 +0100

Rob Foster writes:
 > I've got a script that creates an instance of my zclass and sets the
 > owner as the currently logged in user. How do I set it up so only
 > instance owners can edit their properties and/or view certain methods?
In the "Security" tab, you deactivate the "Acquire Permission"
and any permission to role grant you do not like and
activate the grant to the owner role.

But I expect, you want to do this programmatically.
This is an FAQ. The mailing list archives should give you an
answer. Maybe, there is a HowTo on Zope.org.

Dieter