[Zope] Deleting ZClasses

Trevor Toenjes zope@toenjes.com
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 18:04:47 -0500

> Zope Management Interface, I presume. Is this in the Products
> folder of the
> Control Panel?
Yes.  Delete, what is likely the "open box", zClass product in the Products
folder.

> >, which should make it
> >dissapear in your product selection menu.
> They don't appear in the *Select type to add...* pull-down, if
> that's what
> you mean.
Yes again.  This is where a valid zClass should appear, so we might be
talking something other than a zClass.  Maybe a sub-class??  or you have a
mangled zClass.

> >But all the old instances will exist.  Delete them manually. OR Globaly,
> >search on the meta-type and delete.
> How should I do this? I have root access.
If you have many then you need to write a script.  Otherwise just delete
them like you would anything in the ZMI.
Actually I havent had to do major clean-ups yet in Zope.
But my guess is you need to use TransparentFolders to look into all your
sub-folders from the root, to locate all the instances of your zClass by
searching for the meta-type.  something like
productValues('zclass-meta-type-name-here')
You will have to delete programmatically.
OR use the FIND tab.

I dont think it matters, but I would delete the instances before your delete
the zClass.
-Trevor