[Zope] Problems with Zope 2.4.3 package for Mac OSX

Jim Harrison jhrsn@pitt.edu
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:47:42 -0500

I've had some problems with the OSX package release described at:

http://www.zope.org/Members/richard/zope_for_osx/news_item

1. The package install appears to set permissions in a way that doesn't
allow running on port 80. I've compared key files and directories with my
previous 2.4.0 that I do run on port 80 and I don't see significant
differences, but I must be missing something. Perhaps this has something to
do with starting from the OSX GUI (rather than 'sudo' from the terminal),
but I'm able to start my 2.4.0 on port 80 with a copy of the GUI. (Running
on higher ports is OK except for the SSL-related error noted below).

2. There appears to be a path problem with the M2Crypto module. Both the
https and secure webdav modules fail to find it on the attempted import. A
search reveals an M2Crypto directory containing _m2crypto.py, but explicitly
specifying that path doesn't help.

Mac OSX 10.1.1; b/w G3-350.

Jim Harrison
Univ. of Pittsburgh