[Zope] *NEWBIE* What is the best way to pass vars from a formulator validator to an SQL method?

Jacob Singh jacob@prisonbooks.org
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 13:32:46 -0500

So I have a formulator page and then a page to validate it (makeStory).
After validation I want to call a ZSQL method called SQLinsertStory,
which will simply take all the form fields and insert them into the DB.
 SQLinsertStory looks like this:

INSERT INTO stories
(title,author,des,email,phone,address,URL,article,file1,file2,file3)
 VALUES ( <dtml-sqlvar title type="string" >
,<dtml-sqlvar author type="string" >
,<dtml-sqlvar des type="string" >
,<dtml-sqlvar email type="string" >
,<dtml-sqlvar phone type="string" >
,<dtml-sqlvar address type="string" >
,<dtml-sqlvar hpage type="string" >
,<dtml-sqlvar article type="string" >
,<dtml-sqlvar file1 type="string" >
,<dtml-sqlvar file2 type="string" >
,<dtml-sqlvar file3 type="string" >
 )

with parameters for every field.

What is the best way to call that Method and pass the necessary
variables from makeStory.  And how can I test if it worked or not?

Thankx

Jacob