[Zope] one submit call multiple dtml methods?

Jason Earl jason.earl@simplot.com
19 Nov 2001 13:59:43 -0700

I couldn't agree more.  That's why I called it a super method and not
a super DTML method.  PythonScripts make using Python for these sorts
of tasks easy.  No more messy external methods, and no mind-numbingly
complex Product creation.

However, the post *did* specifically mention calling multiple DTML
scripts, and DTML is sometimes too powerful to waste.  A couple of
dtml-if statements for simple error checking and you are golden.  I
work with plenty of folks that have grasped the fundamentals of DTML
who go completely glassy-eyed when faced with even the most trivial
PythonScript.

I am still getting the hang of this list.  In the future I will try to
be more verbose.  In this case I probably shouldn't have mentioned how
to do this in DTML without first telling the person that DTML is
probably not the best answer :).

What Zope really needs is an acronym like Perl's TIMTOWTDI.
Unfortunately for Zope it would probably have to spell out something
like "There Is More Than One Way To Do It, But Only One Of Them Can
Truly Be Considered Zopish."

I have no idea how you would pronounce "TIMTOWTDIBOOOTCTBCZ."

Thanks for the followup,
Jason