[Zope] Problems with Zope 2.4.3 package for Mac OSX

Richard Jones richard@bizarsoftware.com.au
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 08:14:22 +1100

On Tuesday 20 November 2001 03:47, Jim Harrison wrote:
> I've had some problems with the OSX package release described at:
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/richard/zope_for_osx/news_item
>
> 1. The package install appears to set permissions in a way that doesn't
> allow running on port 80. I've compared key files and directories with my
> previous 2.4.0 that I do run on port 80 and I don't see significant
> differences, but I must be missing something. Perhaps this has something to
> do with starting from the OSX GUI (rather than 'sudo' from the terminal),
> but I'm able to start my 2.4.0 on port 80 with a copy of the GUI. (Running
> on higher ports is OK except for the SSL-related error noted below).

In your case, the problem lies in the controller - it cannot do the
equivalent of "sudo" as yet - the Mac OS X documentation on the Authorisation
API is completely non-existent, and I haven't guessed correctly to make it
work yet :(

So for now, you can't run on port 80 :(

The controller source on zope.org is out of date, and I'll try to update it
so that people can play with it themselves (and hopefully someone will figure
out the auth problem.)

> 2. There appears to be a path problem with the M2Crypto module. Both the
> https and secure webdav modules fail to find it on the attempted import. A
> search reveals an M2Crypto directory containing _m2crypto.py, but
> explicitly specifying that path doesn't help.

I'll fix that in the next release.

     Richard