[Zope] New Zope site... maybe

Markus Schaber markus.schaber@student.uni-ulm.de
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 17:21:57 +0100

Hi,

Am Tue, 20 Nov 2001 16:37:29 +0100 schrieb Lennart Regebro:

> From: "Markus Schaber" <markus.schaber@student.uni-ulm.de>
> >I just did it the other way round, thus enabling the users to use the
> >common known index.html when creating the pages.
>
> But, but, but... Then you are going to override index_hml, and then
> you can't use that as a template container!
> In fact, what you then are doing is using Zope as if it was a
> fileserver. That seems weird to me, since you don't use the power of
> Zope full out...

Well - all our pages are of an own class (developed as a small product,
I am going to open-source it as soon as it is stable and well
documented).

This class manages the layout using a configurable Template, and it also
manages multilingual multi-part content, this means every pages content
can exist in several languages, and each of this languages can consist
of several parts.

Markus

--
You don't have to be Microsoft to suck... but it helps.
(Tim Hammerquist in comp.lang.python)