[Zope] Telling Users to Wait

Edmund Goppelt goppelt@goppelt.net
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 12:19:14 -0500

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 04:07:59PM -0500, Martijn Pieters wrote:
> A better way is to use the HTTP Refresh header. Remove the Javascript from
> the above example, and add:
>
>   <dtml-call "REQUEST.addHeader('Refresh',
>                                 '0;URL=http://server/slow_page')">

This is a sweet solution (I'm guessing you meant to write
"RESPONSE.addHeader...")  The only thing I don't like about it is that
the user cannot use his browser's back button without becoming
"trapped".  When he hits the back button, the "please wait" page is
loaded which immediately redirects him to the page he was just on
(i.e. the slow page).  Is there some way to remove the "please wait"
page from the Browser's history list so that the Back button works as
expected?

--

Ed Goppelt