[Zope] silly problem that's got me stumped

Lars Heber Lars.Heber@t-systems.de
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 09:27:24 +0100

>Chris Ryland writes:
> > Now, the problem is, that if I put a certain property on the content
file in
> > this folder, it seems to be inherited by all subfolders' content
files.

> > Is that true?
>No.

>However, acquisition may trick you to find the "content" object in a
>much higher folder than you expect. Read "Containment before Context"
>in (e.g.)
[...]

I just saw the document referred by Dieter for the first time. A little
difficult to understand for a short question. So here is a short answer,
how I did it - this tip came originally from Dieter as well, if I
remember right:

<dtml-if "myDoc.hasattr(aq_explicit,'attribute_name')">
  myDoc itself has an attribute 'attribute_name' - it is not acquired.
</dtml-if>

Hope it helped.
--
Lars Heber, mailto:Lars.Heber@t-systems.de

T-Systems, debis Systemhaus GEI GmbH, Geschaeftsstelle Sachsen