[Zope] new IE Document

Chris Cothrun chris@cothrun.com
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 08:42:20 -0800

Arvid,

I didn't see anything in the documentation but this seems to need the
OrderedFolder product available at
http://www.zope.org/Members/srichter/Products/OrderedFolder

I'm also getting an AttributeError when I try to add an IE Document inside an IE
Folder that has been created in a StandardSite. This is Zope 2.4.1 running on
Linux. Any ideas or further instructions?

And a questions for the larger Zope community regarding IEMethod or ZIE:

What are the status of these projects? They don't seem to have seen much work
since 1999. Other projects are mentioned (RichTextEditor, ZIE) but can find very
little on them. IEMethod doesn't show up on zope.org's search but Google finds
it on zope.org. That tells me it is deprecated but I don't see any replacement,
maybe I'm assuming too much.

 Is there any information on integrating IEMethod into a typical basic Zope site,
one using some custom DTML header / footer templates and a few other things.
I'm putting together an intranet/extranet project management site and learning
Zope at the same time, having IEMethod available to edit pages would go a long
way towards increasing useability for the non HTML folks using this site. So
whats the easiest way to let people edit the parts they are supposed to be able
to edit, restrict them from the header and footer and make the whole package a
little more seamless? Any howtos or tutorials that I haven't been able to find?
keywords to search mailing lists for? Or should I start mucking around with a
custom version of IEMethod in my Products folder and assume it is so easy that
it should go without saying?

Thanks much!

Chris

> IEDocument is a product based on IEMethod and HTMLDocument
> products. IEDocument allows to edit the text with HTML tags
> inside using a built-in visual HTML editor from Internet
> Explorer version 5 and higher.
>
> You can read more about and download IE Document and Standard
> Product at http://www.zope.org/Members/arvid/IEDocument

Chris