[Zope] General question about ZClasses

Lars Heber Lars.Heber@t-systems.de
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 12:14:19 +0100

OK, folks,

as I wrote some minutes ago, I'm about of building my own management
screens for some ZClasses.

What I actually want to do is:

I want to emulate some kind of book.
The chapters are folders, each chapter consists of several paragraphs,
each a DTML document, which are puzzled together on demand.
I have written an edit method for the chapter, from which you can edit
each single paragraph by using the standard manage_main of the DTML
document.
What I want to do is to enable users to manage each chapter, i. e. copy,
paste, rename, add, ... But users should not be allowed to manage the
DTML documents directly.
I didn't find a possibility to blind out the DTML documents from the
standard folder management screen. Restricting permissions to forbid
editing and managing DTML documents failed, because I want to edit and
manage them from my own editing method, which only redirects to the
correct document management screen provided by Zope. Thus also proxy
roles don't work

That's why I started to write my own management screen on which you can
only manage folders which actually are the chapters.

Perhaps this is the completely wrong way of doing things.
So, can somebody direct me to the right path?

Otherwise, I have the following problem:
Of course, I also want to add new folders / chapters.
But I don't want to hard code the URL to the corresponding factory.
Can I somehow find out the URL of that factory dynamically?
I want this because I'm afraid that when I want to rename my product, or
use that ZClass in another product again, or even distribute the
product, the paths with static URLs are broken.

Any hints?

P.S.: Sorry for that long posting...

P.P.S.: I'm still looking for an extensive Zope object reference which
is better / more documented (examples?) than ZQR and API Reference. Also
a good book would be fine. If someone could give me some link, I would
be very grateful!
--
Lars Heber, mailto:Lars.Heber@t-systems.de

T-Systems, debis Systemhaus GEI GmbH, Geschaeftsstelle Sachsen