[Zope] Inserting headers and footers in response messages

Nitin Borwankar nitin@borwankar.com
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 23:31:17 -0800

Bruce Eckel wrote:

> Thanks, but python doesn't grok <dtml-var standard_html_header>
> That looks like a couple of identifiers surrounded by less-than and
> greater than...

Bruce,

Sorry for some reason I thought you were in DTML.

In Python do

return context.standard_html_header() + '''foo''' +
context.standard_html_footer()

as suggested at the end of my last message.

I tried this in a Python script which I then invoked via the "test" tab
- renders as needed.
Fails without the "()".

Nitin Borwankar

> On 11/25/01 at 4:46 PM Nitin Borwankar wrote:
>
> >Just guessing, but it would probably work if you did
> >
> >         self.REQUEST.RESPONSE.setHeader('content-type',
> >           'text/html')
> >           return <dtml-var standard_html_header>
> >              + ''' <h1 color="red">Invalid email address:
> >             please press your browser's 'back' key and correct
> >             it</h1>'''
> >             + <dtml-var standard_html_footer>
> >
> >i.e. quote only the <h1>...</h1> part but not the two
> <dtml-var..>'s.
> >I am guessing the quoting is preventing it from rendering.
> >
> >I am guessing again that the <dtml-var ...> will render inside a
> return
> >statement just as it
> >does outside it in a plain DTML document or method.
> >
> >Of course a Python script that does the needful ( ie invoke
> >context.standard_html_header() + <h1> ...</h1> +
> >context.standard_html_footer() )
> >could be written and then invoked from inside the return
> statement.
> >This way it will render inside the Python script.
> >If you want to parametrise the method, pass in the <h1>...</h1>
> stuff as
> >a string parameter.  This will effectively give you a Python
> script that
> >puts the standard header/footer around any message you want.
> >

> >Nitin Borwankar.
> >nitin@borwankar.com
> >

> >> Most current information can be found at:
> >> http://www.mindview.net/Etc/notes.html
> >> ===================
> >> Bruce Eckel    http://www.BruceEckel.com
> >> Contains free electronic books: "Thinking in Java 2e" &
> "Thinking
> >> in C++ 2e"
> >> Please subscribe to my free newsletter -- just send any email
> to:
> >> join-eckel-oo-programming@earth.lyris.net
> >> My schedule can be found at:
> >> http://www.mindview.net/Calendar
> >
> >--
> > --
> > Nitin Borwankar
> > nitin@borwankar.com
>
> Most current information can be found at:
> http://www.mindview.net/Etc/notes.html
> ===================
> Bruce Eckel    http://www.BruceEckel.com
> Contains free electronic books: "Thinking in Java 2e" & "Thinking
> in C++ 2e"
> Please subscribe to my free newsletter -- just send any email to:
> join-eckel-oo-programming@earth.lyris.net
> My schedule can be found at:
> http://www.mindview.net/Calendar

 Nitin Borwankar