[Zope] what is the difference between the enctypes

John Ziniti jziniti@speakeasy.org
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 10:39:01 -0500

> Now my question:
> is there a reason NOT to use always multipart/form-data?

Robert,

The only "interesting" effect I have seen from using
mulitpart/form-data, is that the Python code which parses
the form-data opens a temporary file for each <input>
element in the form.  This can cause strange effects if
the number of form elements is larger than the number
of file descriptors allowed by the OS.

Some think that this Python behavior is a Bad Thing.  But,
it bit me in the ass a few times, so I avoid mulitpart
unless I know I am uploading, and even then I keep my
forms small.