[Zope] Display titles of containing folders

Milos Prudek milos.prudek@tiscali.cz
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:21:20 +0100

> Sure, but if you touch each object anyway, you dont need the catalog.

What do you mean by "touching"? I don't think that I touch the objects.
I need to iterate over all objects (ZClass instances) distributed in
three-level folder tree. Catalog provides a simple, "flat" model to
iterate over it with <dtml-in>.

> Record the title in the catalog, you can ilteratively search
> for the sub paths which should give you only one result - the folder
> along with its title.

I do not understand. Can you describe it in more detail?

> The other way would be a method which returns your path title chain
> as a string (in the ZClass) and catalog it with every object.

Yes, but then folder renaming would require changing a "titlepath"
property in all instances located in that folder. That's something that
I'd like to evade.

Thanks!

--
Milos Prudek