[Zope] Getting a Handle to a ZODB object to store in another object

John Ziniti jziniti@speakeasy.org
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:47:41 -0500

Chris McDonough wrote:

> If getPhysicalPath doesn't return the physical path, it's a bug.  Can
> you give a reproducible test case, maybe by sending me an export of
> the object tree that exhibits this behavior?  What Zope version is
> this?

OK ... my Products were not inheriting from OFS.SimpleItem.Item, only
from OFS.ObjectManager.ObjectManager, so they were not getting the
getId() method properly (or something).  Adding that class to the
inheritance hierarchy solved the getPhysicalPath problem.

Sorry for the trouble ...

But is there some compelling reason that ObjectManager doesn't inherit
from Item? bah ...

Thanks for your time,

Ziniti