[Zope] ZBabel - does it require an external database ?

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@theinternet.com.au
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 21:18:30 +1000

+-------[ Gitte Wange ]----------------------
| Hello,
|
| I have just been looking at the ZBabel product because I need to create
| a multilinugual CMF site.
|
| It looks very great but ... in the README file I read that you should
| setup a mysql database.
| Is this required or is it just if you are using a database to store your
| object datas in ..?

The latest version, should not require a database. Stephan Richter is
now maintaining it, and has done a lot of work on it recently.

http://www.zope.org/Members/srichter/Products/ZBabel

"ZBabel provides you with the choice to save the data in SQL or the ZODB.
 The ZODB ZBabel Tower was especially optimized, using a hash of the source
 language - usually the label (as it was in previous versions) and a look-up
 table, similar to indexes."

So it depends on which Babel Tower you choose as to whether or not you need
an RDBMS. d8)

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|                      | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |                      |