[Zope] Structured Text buggy in Zope 2.4.1

Ivan Kurmanov iku@tut.by
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 19:32:00 +0300

Hi,

I'm new to Zope and to Python.  I have installed Zope 2.4.1 and Python
2.1.1 recently.  And I think that Structured Text in Zope works
incorrectly now.  While going through Tutorial I was a bit annoyed by
strings like standard_html_footer rendered in HTML as
"standard<u>html</u>footer", but then I figured out that this is not
the only place where this happens.

In particular I claim that lib/python/StructuredText/DocumentClass.py
is wrong.  At least it's behaviour doesn't correspond to the
Structured Text description in the begining of
lib/python/StructureText/ClassicStructuredText.py

I think regular expressions in DocumentClass.py for figuring out the
underlined, strong, emphasized and so on portions of a structured text
are mistakenly oversimplified and I managed to instead use those from
ClassicStructuredText.py which seem to be very carefully crafted.

I will email my fixed version of DocumentClass.py (i'm a Python newbie!)
to anyone interested.

--
Ivan