[Zope] roxen with zope

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Mon, 01 Oct 2001 16:33:32 +0100

On 1/10/01 3:38 pm, "Bill Anderson" <bill@immosys.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2001-09-29 at 06:20, Tony McDonald wrote:
>> Thanks for that Bill, but I'm trying to avoid the Zope.cgi route - I want to
>> use the VHM method of serving from a Roxen server.
>>
>> I feel that the Zope.cgi method isn't as efficient as ZServer/Apache | Roxen
>> integration.
>

> Would not the regex be the same though?

That's what I thought, the regex I used has the same format as the one in
your HowTo, ie

MATCH ^/([A-Z])(.*)$ CALL
http://localhost:12345/VirtualHostBase/http/localhost:8888/VirtualHostRoot/\
1\2 RXML

But the thing is
1) /internal-roxen-unit urls *don't* get through to Roxen (even with the
LOCATION setup - Magnus seems to think it's broken). I can live with this
though (single pixel gif in root folder solution)
2) authentication information is not getting through to Zope. This I can't
live with, and no combination of flags I used seemed to make a difference :(

As Andrew says, it seems the Roxen regexp is doing extended globbing, ie not
real regex at all :(

Like I said, so near yet so far...

Tone.
--
Dr Tony McDonald,  Assistant Director, FMCC, http://www.fmcc.org.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 243 6140