[Zope] accessing REMOTE_ADDR

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 21:47:24 -0500 (CDT)

Hi everyone,

I've been messing around with my Apache config and the ProxyVia directive
and searching the mailing list archive. I have yet to find the definitive
answer to this question:

Is it possible to retrieve the actual IP address of the site visitor when
using Zope with Apache ProxyPass or Rewrite rules (without patching Apache)?

Has anyone had success with this? I'm running Zope 2.3.2 on Linux with
Apache 1.3.19. No matter what I try REMOTE_ADDR is still 127.0.0.1 and
HTTP_VIA still contains the domain of my Web server. I'd love to hear that
someone has been able to do this.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com