[Zope] freebsd/zope2.4.1 problem

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@theinternet.com.au
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 18:48:32 +1000

+-------[ Gerrie Roos ]----------------------
| Hello!
| I've been happily running zope2.3.0/python2.0 on a freebsd 3.5
| installation, apart form occasional crashes that I couldn't fix.
|
| So I got myself zope2.4.1 and python2.1.1 packages from freebsd.org and
| got down to installing 'em.  I had to specify a /usr2/local prefix for
| both installations due to server space requirements...python seemed
| quite happy, but I had to change zope's start script to accommodate the
| new path.  I then tried the start script, and it gave a traceback
| similar to the one below, except that some of the paths still used 'usr'
| instead of 'usr2'.  So I ran '/usr2/local/bin/python wo_pcgi.py' to see
| if it  would help.  Yes, it did fix the paths, but I still get:

FreeBSD 3.5 is no longer officially supported for packages, you will most likely
have to build from source, from ports, for which you may have more luck.
Given that FreeBSD 4.4 is now released, you would be better served upgrading
your box completely.

Zope isn't so much a problem, but, python will be.

You will have to bring your ports up to speed via cvsup.

Once you've done that;

cd /usr/ports/lang/python
make install clean

Then rebuild your Zope.

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|                      | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |                      |