[Zope] RE: accessing REMOTE_ADDR

Chris Keyes chrisk@nipltd.com
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 15:02:39 +0100

You can use apache rewrite rules when virtual hosting Zope instances and as
far as I know, it works just the same as having a direct conection to the
Zope Instance... Unlike proxying, the zope instance should reply directly to
the client so it must have access to their ip address....

There is some documentation about, but this is an extract of what we use...
The Zope instance has a Virtual Host Monster in its root to enable all this
to work properly.

Apache rewrite rule:

<VirtualHost localzopehost>
  ServerName      server.nipltd.com
  ServerAdmin     adminemail@yourdomain.com
  RewriteEngine    On
  RewriteRule      ^/error/(.*)$ /error/$1 [L])
  RewriteRule      ^(.*)$
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/server.nipltd.com:80/VirtualHostR
oot$1 [P]
  ProxyPassReverse /
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/server.niptld.com:80/VirtualHostR
oot/
  ErrorDocument    502 /yourerrordocument
  CustomLog    /yourlogs/access_log combined
  ErrorLog         /yourlogs/error_log
</VirtualHost>

I think you should just be able to fill that in and off you go...

Good luck!

ChrisK