[Zope] A few questions from a newbie

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.pp.ru>
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 19:05:30 +0400

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 02:29:37PM -0000, azbok@yahoo.com wrote:
> I would just like to say hi all to the zope community.  I was
> previously using Mason (which I still like) and found zope and it
> looks *GREAT*!

   Welcome!

> 1) How long would you say it takes to really become proficient with
> zope?

   Eternity :)

> 2) Is it possible to create a variable using DTML and then access it?
> If so, what would the syntax be?

   No (well, almost). DTML is for displaying already prepared data.

   You can use REQUEST.set() or <dtml-let> for temporary vars.

> 4) My main question.  I have a Z SQL method which takes a parameter.
> It works using the Test tab.  I get it to work thru DTML too.  How do
> I properly pass a parameter to it using Python?
>
> I try something like:
>    context['MyZSQLMethod'](MyParam=1)

   It is enough to say context.MyZSQLMethod. And
context.MyZSQLMethod(MyParam=1) looks good for me.

Oleg.
----
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd@phd.pp.ru