[Zope] nested records

kosh@aesaeion.com kosh@aesaeion.com
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 23:47:42 -0600 (MDT)

Zope has a auto conversion ability on form data that I have been using a
good bit however I am running into a problem. I have things nesting now
and I need to nest the records zope is auto generating also so that items
get dispatched to their correct objects. With just a single level
foo.bar:record:type works well however what is the syntax for doing
baz.bar.foo in a similar way where baz and bar are records and foo is a
string/int/float etc.

I tried baz.bar.foo:record:record:string and that didn't seem to work.
Mainly I am seeking a dict of dicts approach when some of the dicts in
addition to having their own pieces of data also have other dicts that
they dispatch to their containing objects.

Designing the webpages of tomorrow http://webme-eng.com
Designing the MMORPGS of tomorrow http://worldforge.org