[Zope] Better unix distrib for zope ??

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 13:33:12 +0100

* Julián Muñoz Domínguez <jmunoz@softhome.net> [011003 12:35]:

> I want to have a really stable server on the net (for running zope), where
> I can upgrade without having to upgrade anything. I would like to have
> your opinion about (all oriented to Zope):

One of the nice things about Zope is that it doesn't have any
dependencies outside the standard libraries.  I've never had any
problems compiling it on any platform.  It's also very self-contained;
apart from some little things like start and stop scripts, there's
little a distribution package will offer you over a source install,
IMO.

seb