[Zope] ZpdfDocument query

Paul Smith paul.smith@bristol.ac.uk
Wed, 03 Oct 2001 13:05:51 +0100

Dear all,

I've installed the ZpdfDocument product, which works fine from the main
management interface. I would like to be able to create ZpdfDocuments from
calls from other methods, but using the syntax:

<dtml-call expr="manage_addZpdfDocument(id='test',title='test')">

results in:

Error Type: NameError
Error Value: manage_addZpdfDocument

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to do what I am trying to or any
potential workarounds?

Are their any more configurable methods of creating PDF documents from HTML
out there that people can recommend? I've had a look at the various
postings about ReportLab, but am not sure that will do what I need. My
intention is that I can create a ZpdfDocument, which uses an existing
method as the 'body'. I have edited the ZpdfDocument.py to do this so it
works from the management interface (specifying the method ID to be used),
but I would like to be able to do this as part of a process when creating
other documents.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Paul.Smith@bristol.ac.uk
Internet Development
Institute for Learning and Research Technology, http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/
University of Bristol, 8-10 Berkeley Square,
Bristol BS8 1HH, UK Tel: +44 (0)117 928 7083, Fax: +44 (0)117 928 7112