[Zope] Better unix distrib for zope ??

Julián Muñoz Domínguez jmunoz@softhome.net
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 12:42:22 +0000 (GMT)

I am a newbie, but I have got this problems with zope, related to the
dependencies:

- latest source distibution requires python 2.1 (which is very recent, and
no all Linux distribs have it)...
- It is not possible to compile extensions with zope binary distributions,
because it lacks some headers. Many products requires compiling
extensions, so that readdress me to point 1. Couldn't this be solutioned
in next zope distribs ?

So in general it is following the foolish of this last year in the Open
Software, all is mooving tooooo quicklyyyyyy :-O

In this conditions, slackware's old way packaging system (tar.gz) seems
the better..... :-)

--

      __o
    _ \<_