[Zope] How slow are Transparent folders?

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Wed, 03 Oct 2001 12:23:52 -0400

> From: "Joachim Werner" <joe@iuveno-net.de>
>
> One solution I am personally working on is folders that just "register" or
> filter certain types of objects, so that you can have a folder (or tab) that
> shows all your SQL methods for example, though they actually are all in your
> root folder.

What about having a folder which somehow 'registers' or concatenates the
namespace of the enclosing folder with it's contents, perhaps only updating
at certain times?  Or... 'appearing' to it's enclosing folder not as one
object but a list of stuff, everything inside it?  I'll shut up now, since
I'm not looking at the source :)