[Zope] Concurrent access with Apache and Zope

Oliver Erlewein oerlewein@gmx.de
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 19:54:21 +0200 (MEST)

Hi

I'm having following phenonemon...if dtml-in with a sort on lots of data or
I do
a big ZCatalog-query then all transactions to Zope (2.4.0 on Sun Intel-PC)
(after that transaction) wait for the first "big" transaction to finish
before
returning their results. This is naturally not so good if I want to have a
site with about 50 concurrent users...

I'd say the problem looks, as if I have only one thread returning results.
Since I can't believe that Zope cannot handle parallel requests it must be
my
config. I already played arround with giving Zope more threads but it didn't
change the behaviour.

I use Apache 1.3.19 and Zope 2.4.0. Apache does SSL and the virtual hosting.
Apache runs as Proxy Pass. I use the VirtualHostMonster on the Zope side to
do the pathtranslation.

I havn't checked things like FastCGI or PCGI. I'm desperate for an answer
but I don't know where to look. So I'd be thankful for any help.

Thanx Oliver

http://www.gmx.net