[Zope] ZWiki

flynt flynt@gmx.ch
Thu, 04 Oct 2001 20:22:14 +0200

> Tom Deprez wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Does somebody knows a direct link to an howto which shows how I can
> show my own wikis with the same header and footer of my site?
>
> I've tried to search for this on zope.org... but all searches with
> ZWiki or Wiki in it return a lot of results...
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Tom.

Hi Tom,

I am not aware of a link to a How-To. However the following might help
you:
I use ZWiki 0.9.4 in my site embedded in my own (additional) headers and
footers and side bar.

To achieve that, I had to change some DTML methods in the example
WikiWebs, which come with the product. For example, to adopt the pages
of the *zwikidotorg* example WikiWeb, you go into *Control Panel --->
Products ---> ZWikiWebs ---> zwikidotorg* folder. You have to change all
but two (*index_html* and *standard_wiki_page*) of the DTML methods.
There is nothing to change in any of the Wiki pages themselves in that
folder.

In **backlinks** and in **editform** and in **standard_wiki_footer**
replace the tags */body* and */html* (last two lines) by *<dtml-var
standard_html_footer>*, where the later is your own
standard_html_footer, whatever you define in there.

In **standard_wiki_header** I replaced the first seven lines (the
opening *html* tag down and including the *body* tag) with a *<dtml-var
standard_html_header>*, where standard_html_header is my own general
header for my site.

I had to comment in **standard_wiki_footer** also the call of the DTML
variable *seealso*, as there is no variable *seealso* in the namespace
and we get thus a key error (another way would be to just use this
variable for something). This is a bug in this version (0.9.2) of the
example WikiWebs.

And essentially that's it. I don't know, wether this answers your
question, but hope so indeed. At least it may give you the idea.

Greetings,
Flynt