[Zope] DCOracle/DCOracle2 on Debian Linux - invalid connection string

Chris Beaumont cbeaumon@msri.org
Thu, 04 Oct 2001 11:47:56 -0700

Hello,

  I'm trying to use either DCOracle 1.32 or DCOracle 2 beta 5 to connect
to a remote Oracle 7.3.2 database. My Zope installation is on a machine
that has the Oracle client successfully installed on it and it's working..

When I connect using sqlplus and my usual connection string lets say
scott/tiger@boko (the remote machine) everything is hunky-dory..
However, nomatter what I try, I cannot get Zope to successfully open a
database connection.. It reports an invalid connection string. DCOracle
1.32 tested out okay and DCOracle2 compiled successfully.. so I think
both installations were done correctly.. however.. when trying to add a
database connection, I always get...

"Invalid connection string: scott/tiger@boko"

I am using Zope 2.3.3 (the most recent version for which there is a deb
available) on Debian woody. Its a fairly vanilla install with DCOracle2
(or DCOracle, when that was installed) being the only 3rd party add-on.
Ive added the relevant environmental variables in the startup scripts
and I hope I am doing things corectly but due to the lack of specifics
relevant to the fairly nonstandard way things are installed on Debian
linux I'm not sure if they were added in the right places..

If anyone has an idea of what might be wrong, I'd be very grateful. Ive
been banging on this off and on for weeks and have tried every possible
approach mentioned on previous posts to this list and none of them have
worked.. I get the same connection string problem with both DCOracles.

If anyone has any ideas of what might be wrong, please help, I *need* to
get this working..

Thank you.

Chris

chris @ msri . org